Germany visa requirements for Nigerians, what are the requirements to visit Germany on a business trip, as a student, on health grounds, transit, and work? All these will be explored in this article.
Germany is known to be the powerhouse of Europe due to its colossal economy. Germany is one of the
Due to the qualities the country has to offer, it has attracted millions of people globally into the country and is now ranked the
To enter Germany, you should make sure you have at least
Germany visa requirements for Nigerians
Types of Germany Visa, Processing time, and Duration of Stay
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Stay Duration|
|Tourist Visa||10 - 15 days||90 days|
|Business Visa||10 - 15 days||90 days|
|Medical Visa||10 - 15 days||90 days|
|Student Visa||10 - 30 days||Longer than 90 days|
|Work Visa||10 - 30 days||Longer THAN 90 days|
|Transit Visa||10 - 15 days||24 hours|
General Germany visa requirements for Nigerians
- You must possess a passport that is valid for more than
- Must be able to fill out your visa application correctly and it must be signed by you
- Should have two (2)
- You should be able to present your bank statement for the past three (3) months
- Must have travel insurance that its medical coverage is sufficient. This insurance will last you for the duration you are going to stay in Germany
- Must provide
- Provide proof of accommodation you are going to stay for the duration of time in the country.
- Provide a copy of your return ticket
Germany Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- If you intend to go to Germany for
- Nigerians who have the intention of visiting their friends, family members in Germany can also go-ahead to apply for the visa.
- What your family member or friend needs to do is to sign the
- You should provide your
- Applicants of German visa who is already employed in their home country should provide a letter from their
- If the applicant is self-employed, then he/she should provide
- Minors will not be allowed to travel except they are accompanied by a guardian or parent(s).
- Applicants who are minors should provide a birth certificate original copy as well as an authorization signed by both parents of the minor
- You should make sure you complete your visa application. If your application is not complete, you will be denied.
- Non-Nigerian, staying in Nigeria should make sure they have a
Germany Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- This type of visa is given to those who have intentions of traveling for Business activities for the duration of their stay in Germany.
- Applicants who are eligible for this type of visa are those who are visiting Germany for training,
- Those who are into car importation, are also eligible to apply for this visa
- For your German visa application to be accepted, you need to provide all necessary documents requested by the embassy.
- You must be able to provide an invitation letter from the
- If you are going for training,
- A letter from your employer in your domestic country (Nigeria) stating your
- You should be able to provide a brief transaction history and recent transactions between the companies that are involved.
- If you are a minor, you should present the original copy of your birth certificate
- You should be able to successfully complete your application. Applicants who don’t complete their application would get their visa denied.
Germany Student Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- This type of visa is for international students who have the intention of studying in any of the Universities in Germany
- You must be able to provide your admission letter issued by the Univesity you have been accepted to study in.
- It is required that you have knowledge of the German language, if applicable.
- It is not a must to learn German for those going for their Master’s program in the country. However, it is also important you learn a couple of phrases for communication.
- As an applicant from Nigeria, it is required that you submit your primary and secondary school leaving certificate.
- Need to provide proof of your work experience,
- It is expected that you present your birth certificate gotten from
- Applicants who are minors should provide a letter of authorization from their parents to study in Germany. When submitting, the copy of the passport of the signing parent should be attached.
- Provide proof of fund that will cover up your expenses for the duration of your stay in Germany.
- €10,000 is the required proof of fund to visit Germany and it should be funded to your block account.
Germany Medical Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- German medical visa is for those who have intentions of visiting Germany to seek and receive treatment
- A medical certificate should be issued from the treating of the domestic country of the applicant, stating the nature of the
- Applicant should also provide a written appointment with the medical doctor in Germany
- An estimated time frame in which the treatment would be over should also be stated in the letter from the medical doctor in Germany.
- The embassy will also demand proof of advance payment for the medical fee.
- If your visa application is incomplete, you shall be denied the medical visa.
- If the applicant is employed at the time of the visa application, a letter from the applicant’s employer would be needed, introducing the applicant and confirming his/her leave.
- Applicants who are minors should be accompanied by a guardian.
- Minors are expected to submit a copy of their birth certificate at the time of their visa application. Also, they should bring along a letter of authorization from their parents.
More Interesting Posts
- Visa Requirements for Nigerians going to Kenya
- Visa Requirements for Nigerians going to Ghana
- Visa Requirements for Nigerians going to Senegal
Germany Work Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- This work visa is for foreigners who intend to work in the country and have been issued employment from a company in Germany.
- An applicant for a work visa should provide a job contract with a German company. In this contract, your level of salary, level of position, and duration of employment should be stated.
- The applicant must get consent from the
- Applicants from Nigeria should also provide proof of previous
- Applicants should also make provision for their
- Applicants from Nigeria must also provide their Curriculum Vitae, or resume
- Your birth certificate is also required. The birth certificate should be from
- Your visa application to Germany for a work visa should be complete. An incomplete application would be denied.
Germany Transit Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- This type of visa is for foreigners who have intentions of
- To be eligible for this type of visa, you must have the destination country’s visa
- You must have a valid and confirmed flight ticket for your destination country
- Are you staying in Nigeria, but you are not a Nigerian? it is required that you hold an original copy of the
- Applicants who are minors should make sure they bring along their original copy of their birth certificate.
- A previous copy of all
- If you are a holder of this type of visa, you are not permitted to apply for permanent residence in Germany.
- You should make sure as an applicant, you complete your visa application. If your visa is not completed, your visa will be denied.
Fees Germany Visa
|Tourist visa goes for||60.00 (EUR)|
|Business visa goes for||60.00 (EUR)|
|Student visa goes for||60.00 (EUR)|
|Medical visa goes for||75.00 (EUR)|
|Work visa goes for||75.00 (EUR)|
|Transit visa goes for||60.00 (EUR)|
Location of Germany Embassies in Nigeria
You can find the German embassy in Abuja and Lagos.
- Office Address: No. 9 Lake Maracaibo Close, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Official Website: nigeria.diplo.de
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Embassy Number: +234 706 410 8800 or +234 9 220 8010